Are you a motivated team player who likes to get the job done? Is a desk job NOT up your alley? This could be the job for you!
This is an entry-level position with no supervisory responsibilities. Starting hourly wage: $20 an hour. We will pay more for experience.
Includes an excellent and low-cost benefits program with health, dental and vision insurance, along with a national pension program. Don’t need insurance? You’ll get a monthly bonus!
Construction Worker Overview:
Construction Workers perform routine maintenance activities in a variety of work environments. Construction Workers will also have to operate maintenance equipment and vehicles, these to include but not limited to plowing, boring, backhoe and skid-steer. CDL will be required. This is an entry-level position with no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties, Experience and Responsibilities:
- Construction experience preferred but not required.
- Willingness to learn construction skills on-site.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Ability to complete work in a timely manner to keep customer service commitment times.
- Contacting customers, external and/or internal may be required.
- Adapt in changes in the business to include advances in technology, new skills and new procedures.
- Must be able to climb various types of ladders, sit, bend, stoop, stand, and walk, occasionally over uneven terrain, for extended periods.
- Travel within the region and/or throughout the country will be required, could require overnights.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Test equipment and machinery to ensure it is in good working order.
- Clean up job site at end of day and ensure all equipment is properly secure for the night.
- Willingness to get CDL.
- Must pass an extensive background check and/or drug screening test.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Ability to accept emergency call-outs as needed.
- Function as a team player with ability and willingness to train on the job with unfamiliar or new equipment as needed.
- Ability to achieve required certifications and to successfully complete and required training or coursework.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Position will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Preferred Duties, Experience and Responsibilities:
- Any degree in Construction or construction orientated field.
- 3+ years in construction, preferably telecommunications.
- Experience in Plowing, boring or Heavy equipment.
- Any experience in fiber qualification and testing