Wayne State College
Wayne State College is seeking an Admissions Counselor
Nature of work:
Recruits first-time traditional students from high schools through public speaking and presentations. Counsels students and parents regarding the admissions and enrollment process. Report and track student admissions information. Includes extensive travel.
Examples of work performed:
1. Meet enrollment goals for assigned target recruitment area.
2. Schedule and carry out travel to respective high schools and college fairs within the assigned territory, including loading and transporting admission materials, displays and other equipment.
3. Present the College and the Admissions profession in a positive way to diverse populations.
4. Assist with on campus recruitment events and visit programs.
5. Present information about WSC in large group, small group and interpersonal settings.
6. Evening and weekend hours required especially during the travel season.
7. Extensive Follow-Up communication (phone calls and email and social media)
8. Assist students individually and in groups to apply for Admission and address the college admission process.
9. Assist with orientation/class registration programs.
10. Host yield events within assigned travel territory.
11. Facilitate scholarship and financial aid leveraging practices.
12. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree (degree must be completed by June 12, 2023) or related work experience.
• Strong cross-cultural interpersonal and writing skills.
• Public speaking skills that include diverse populations.
Wayne State College has been educating students for more than 100 years. Located in Northeast Nebraska, close to Sioux City, Iowa, and within a two-hour drive to Sioux Falls, Omaha and Lincoln, the College is one of the most dynamic, regional public colleges in the Midwest. One of three members of the Nebraska State College System, the College distinguishes itself by providing educational excellence in a small, personalized setting. The beautiful 128-acre campus serves over 3,900 students who have a choice of more than 130 programs of study. In fall 2020, the College welcomed the second largest freshmen class in its history, driven by new academic programs and partnerships, updated and new facilities, and a continuing focus on supporting students with generous scholarships in their academic and co-curricular experiences. Wayne State has been the recipient of a number of awards, honors, and distinctions due to its commitment to service, student success, and providing an exceptional education at an affordable cost. The entire community is focused on making Wayne State a great place for students to thrive and advance their futures, and there is a collective sense of excitement about the future of the College.