Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
The Quality Assurance (QA) Inspector position provides quality standards by monitoring throughout the plant. This includes verification of raw material receipts, taking raw material samples, and verifying finished packaged product. QA Inspectors are required to lift and move raw material samples and boxed products. Team member in overall management of the facility. Expect to work on tests and pilot runs of new and improved products and evaluate the results of the pilot programs. Prepare technical reports because of research and development (R&D). Assist R&D in developing products that are consistent with our expectations for quality, safety, value, and wholesomeness. Responsible for taking product samples, performing various tests, and analyzing the lab results from such test samples, including trending, grading, quality, and functionality validation. Quality control personnel involved also participate in design reviews and provide feedback on error detection for new products and process quality.
- Inspect all machinery and structures to ensure compliance standards are met. This includes cleanliness after sanitation processes are complete and prior to startup of operations. Report to management all areas not meeting cleanliness standard and perform re-inspection activities prior to startup of operations.
- Position will perform audits, monitoring for potential foreign material sources, and reporting all findings to management in a timely manner. Will inspect and test equipment, performing activities such as verifying scale accuracy, swab tests, sensitivity of metal detection systems, and all sanitizing equipment is functioning as required.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance by monitoring and inspecting the condition of various areas such as freezers, hand-wash sinks, locker rooms, overhead structures, ceilings, outside grounds, docks, drains and pest control. Inspections include monitoring employees for proper sanitation equipment such as proper use of hairnets, beard nets, frocks, gloves, etc. Report all findings to management in a timely manner.
- Responsible for inspection of all raw material trailers which include, but not limited to, inspection of seals as well as the recording and monitoring of set points and temperatures. Perform verifications, confirming trailer is from approved supplier list. Performance of core sampling test.
- Accurate and timely completion of product adjustment forms, damaged box reports, and sparse lean claim forms, all of which are reported to the appropriate corporate personnel in a timely manner.
- Perform regularly scheduled product sampling for various micro and analytical tests. Accurately record sampling data in a timely manner. The QA Inspector is also responsible for accurate labeling, packaging, and shipping of product samples to specified laboratories.
- Will perform various inspections on finished product and place on hold product for additional inspection and coordinate the stopping of production when necessary.
- Responsible for measurement and recording of quality factors of finished product such as fat, protein, temperature, and color.
- Responsible for inspecting and manifesting all finished products. Activities may include visual inspection of products, inspecting liners, gathering product temperatures, taking product samples, etc.
- Will provide coverage and assist in areas as needed. Will perform inventory checks for QA supplies and materials.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Basic math and writing skills.
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Accuracy with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data from a variety of sources.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees as necessary, both in verbal and written form.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull up to 60lbs.
- This position requires walking, standing, twisting, reaching, bending, climbing, and lifting.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends.
Experience: Experiencein a food or restaurant environment is preferred.
Education: HighSchool diploma or equivalent is required. Verifiable ability to perform essential job functions will be considered.
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports to (if applicable): Quality Assurance Supervisor - 1
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.