Director Financial Aid
Wayne State College
Wayne State College is seeking a Director of Financial Aid to administer all federal, state, institutional, and private financial aid. This position supervises the Associate and Assistant Directors of Financial Aid.
Nature of Work:
Administer all federal, state, institutional, and private financial aid in accordance with applicable regulations and policies; maintain systems of accountability; provide information and counseling to students regarding their financial aid eligibility; and provide supervision of day-to-day activities in the Financial Aid office.
Examples of Work Performed:
1. Award financial aid to students-distribute federal, state, institutional, and private funding.
2. Oversee student financial aid communication plan.
3. Maintain professional knowledge of all federal and state financial aid regulations and policies and manage the Financial Aid office in compliance with all such regulations and policies.
4. Responsible for renewing and updating the institution’s Program Participation Agreement for Title IV Aid with the U.S. Department of Education.
5. Monitor Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) of every student receiving financial aid. Review SAP appeals.
6. Ensure all electronic processing with the Department of Education is functional and timely.
7. Responsible for annual setup in PeopleSoft for financial aid and scholarship processing. Delegate some tasks to other staff such as setting up checklists.
8. Responsible for testing updates and enhancements, and implementing functionality in PeopleSoft Financial Aid, including process automation.
9. Troubleshoot issues within the financial aid component of PeopleSoft with reports and queries.
10. Oversee return of Title IV (R2T4) federal aid calculations and resulting adjustments.
11. Review and process Special Circumstances requests.
12. Monitor processing of athletic scholarships in compliance with NCAA policies.
13. Responsible for providing the reporting of Title IV Financial Aid, including Pell Grant reporting and reconciliation.
14. Responsible for submission of final FISAP report.
15. Prepare Nebraska Opportunity Grant files to Coordinating Commission for approval.
16. Prepare annual and ad hoc reports such as for audit, Board of Trustees, Coordinating Commission, common data set, etc.
17. Determine cost of attendance budgets and financial aid packaging philosophy.
18. Serve as Functional Lead for PeopleSoft Financial Aid.
19. Serve as a non-voting advisory member of the College’s Scholarship, Honors, and Financial Aid Committee as well as the College’s Student Admissions and Retention Committee.
20. Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
21. Coordinates financial literacy initiatives for the College in partnership with the Director of Student Accounts.
22. Provides supervision, training, assistance, and evaluation to Associate and Assistant Directors of Financial Aid.
23. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President for Administration and Finance.
• Bachelor’s Degree (degree must be completed by June 12, 2023);
• 3-5 years of directly related experience;
• Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively, with a commitment to student service; and
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of federal student aid rules and financial aid systems such as COD, NSLDS, and CPS.