Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
This position will assist the Payroll Manager with payroll department activities. Ensure that all payroll entries are audited/processed in a timely and accurate manner. Monitor activities of payroll processing staff at all locations.
- Ensure effective auditing/processing of payroll data including rate changes, payroll deductions, shift differentials, adjustments, new hires, terminations, and all other related payroll transactions are completed accurately and in accordance with company policy, federal, state, and local laws.
- Generate, distribute, and analyze various payroll related reports, conduct audits to validate internal payroll controls, and ensure accuracy of data. Ensure accurate information and communicate any problems or issues identified to management.
- Assist with the process for entering garnishments and child support into HR/Payroll database.
- Assist employees with payroll related programs, such as pay card, direct deposit, and special tax deductions. Ensure that effective instructions and training occur as needed.
- Keep informed and is knowledgeable in payroll practices and of changing state and federal statutes. Assist in the development and implementation of payroll related procedures and policies.
- Audit and manage timecards, breaks, and lunches. Is responsible for timely and accurate submittal of timesheets for payroll processing.
- Administer scanning of payroll documents into scanning system. Verify scans are accurate and legible.
- May issue pay cards to new hires. Distribute pay cards to appropriate locations, ensuring timely receipt. Accurately update direct deposit information into HR/Payroll database.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- General computer knowledge and proficiency.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Experience in payroll, time and attendance, and Human Resource database systems are preferred.
- Strong numerical ability, analytical skills, and problem-solving skills.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to reconcile reports.
- Ability to work under time restraints, meet deadlines, appropriately handle sensitive data, and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lead, fostering a team environment.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of employees.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and be able to handle sensitive data appropriately.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
Experience:Minimumof 2 years Payroll or Accounting field is preferred.
Education:HighSchool diploma or equivalent is preferred. Verifiable ability to perform essential job functions will be considered. Minimum 2-year degree in Accounting or Human Resource field is preferred.
Reports to (if applicable): Payroll Manager
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.