Join the future of food!
At our company we strive for continuous improvement, not only in our processes, but in our people. High quality employees allow us to remain on the leading edge of innovation. With you, we make things better!
This position is responsible for implementation and ongoing management of the Process Safety Management (PSM) Programs, Risk Management Programs (RMP), and Ammonia Refrigeration Management (ARM) programs for company ammonia systems.
- Responsible for the compliance with both OSHA’s PSM and EPA’s RMP programs for company facilities.
- Responsible for the update and implementation of guidelines for PSM/RMP programs.
- Maintain library of IIAR Standards and other industry standards as applicable.
- Schedule and facilitate PSM meetings.
- Conduct PSM/RMP basic ammonia refrigeration training for new hires as well as refresher training for established employees.
- Oversee the mechanical integrity and preventative maintenance programs for the covered PSM/RMP systems.
- Conduct orientation for contractors working on or around covered processes.
- Perform incident investigations to determine root cause for incidents involving covered processes.
- Participate in Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism (CFATS) program.
- Facilitate and document the Management of Change (MOC) process for changes made to covered processes.
- Schedule and participate in PSM/RMP compliance audits. Track and document corrective actions resulting from compliance audit.
- Schedule and facilitate Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) and revalidations as needed.
- Assist Refrigeration Engineers, with modifications and verifications of P&ID.
- Maintain and update process safety information as needed to ensure information is updated and accurate.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude, solid mathematical skills.
- Technical writing ability.
- Proficiency in the use of computers including, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Proficient with Auto-CAD software preferred.
- Ability to quickly become proficient in software relevant to job focus.
- Engage with others effectively.
- Attention to detail.
- Systematic approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work across multiple functional areas with all levels of employees and leadership.
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of various teams.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced organization, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated, proactive individual who will continuously seek opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and effectively. Able to interpret information accurately. Able to present information with conviction.
- Must have regular and punctual attendance.
- Approximately 80% administrative in office setting.
- Approximately 20% hands on / in plant work.
- Preferred 3-5 yrs. PSM/RMP experience.
- Industrial Safety and/or environmental compliance is a plus.
Education: Mustpossess formal education or relevant job experience enabling individual’s ability to excel and progress in role.
Department: Environmental, Health and Safety
Reports to (if applicable): Corporate EHS Manager
Our company is known for its competitive pay, benefits, and opportunities to advance. Depending on position benefits may include: Health/Dental/Vision, Disability, Life, Flex Medical and Dependent Care, Matching 401(k), Profit Sharing, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in violation of Title VII. The company prohibits discrimination against employees, applicants for employment and students on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran’s status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Post offer physical and substance testing required.